Salem, Ore. – Cultural Trust Manager Aili Schreiner will join with colleagues from the Trust’s Cultural Partners — Oregon Arts Commission, Oregon Heritage, Oregon Humanities and the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office — February 9 through March 3 for “Conversations with Funders,” a 12-stop state tour encouraging cultural nonprofits to apply for close to $5 million in collective grant funds.
Representatives from the Oregon Community Foundation and Portland’s Regional Arts and Culture Council also will attend some events.
Organizations encouraged to attend “Conversations with Funders” include libraries, arts organizations, museums, cultural centers, historical societies, arts alliances, literary groups and heritage organizations.
“There are more than 1,450 cultural nonprofits serving Oregonians,” said Schreiner. “We want to make sure they know about the grant funds that are here to support them.”
Among the grant opportunities discussed will be the Cultural Trust’s 2017 Cultural Development Grants; grant guidelines are now posted on the Trust website for an application deadline of April 22 (see details below).
“Conversations with Funders” begin Tuesday, Feb. 9, in Astoria and are scheduled in regional flights. Registration is not required. The schedule is:
Oregon Coast – all events 4-6 p.m.
• Astoria: Tuesday, Feb. 9, Columbia Hall, Clatsop Community College (1651 Lexington Ave.)
• Lincoln City: Wednesday, Feb. 10, Lincoln City Cultural Center(540 NE Highway 101)
• Florence: Thursday, Feb. 11, Florence Event Center (715 Quince St.)
Southern, mid-Valley & Central Oregon – all events 4-6 p.m.
• Medford: Tuesday, Feb. 16, Medford Library (205 South Central Ave.)
• Eugene: Wednesday, Feb. 17, Maude Kerns Art Center (1910 E 15th Ave.)
• Bend: Thursday, Feb. 18, Brooks Room, Downtown Bend Public Library (601 NW Wall St.)
Willamette Valley and Portland – all events 4-6 p.m.
• Salem: Tuesday, Feb, 23, Green Room, Center for Community Innovation(1255 Broadway St. NE, #110)
• Portland: Wednesday, Feb. 24, Madison Room, Oregon Historical Society • (1200 SW Park Ave.)
• Hillsboro: Thursday, Feb. 25, The Walters Cultural Arts Center (527 East Main St.)
Eastern Oregon and the Gorge – all events 4-6 p.m.
• Baker City: Tuesday, March 1, Crossroads Carnegie Art Center (2020 Auburn Ave.)
• Pendleton: Wednesday, March 2, Heritage Station Museum (108 SW Frazer Ave.)
• Hood River: Thursday, March 3, Hood River Library (502 State St.)
Oregon Cultural Trust Cultural Development Grants:
The Oregon Cultural Trust’s Cultural Development Grants recognize and support significant cultural programs and projects through four grant categories: access; preservation; creativity; and capacity. 2015 was a successful fundraising year for the Cultural Trust. A record amount will be available for grants, which last year totaled more than $2.6 million. Cultural Development Grants represent one third of the annual funding the Trust provides to Oregon’s cultural nonprofits. Other funding includes grants to the Trust’s five statewide partners – to support their projects and respective grant programs – and to 45 county and tribal cultural coalitions that fund local initiatives and grants.
2017 Cultural Development Grants are for projects and activities that will occur between Aug.1, 2016 and July 30, 2017.
The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 22.
For more information contact Schreiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 503-986-0089.
# # #