Applications for Cultural Development Grants open in the spring for grants awarded in late summer.
When the application process is open, information will be posted on this page.
Grants are awarded in four categories and are intended to fund arts, heritage, history, preservation and humanities programs. The guidelines for the most recent grant cycle are posted here.
Cultural Development Grants are for project activities that:
- protect and stabilize Oregon’s cultural resources;
- expand public awareness of, access to and participation in quality cultural experiences in Oregon;
- ensure that Oregon cultural resources are strong and dynamic contributors to Oregon’s communities and quality of life; and
- build an understanding of the value and impact of culture to Oregonians.
The four grant categories are:
- Access: Make culture broadly available to Oregonians;
- Preservation: Invest in Oregon’s cultural heritage by recovering, preserving and sharing historic assets and achievements;
- Creativity: Create and/or present cultural or scholarly work; Support the development of artists, cultural experts, or scholars who promote culture as a core part of vibrant communities; and
- Capacity: Strengthen cultural organizations to increase stability, improve sustainability, or measure/share cultural impacts.
In considering funding requests, the Cultural Trust seeks proposals that will expand the public benefit of Oregon’s culture through:
- positive impact on, or improvement of, cultural resources and activities and the expansion of public and private support for culture;
- preservation of the past or investing in the future, by commissioning new work that continues Oregon’s strong artistic, literary and humanistic presence;
- enhancing cultural opportunity and understanding by creating or sustaining model programs that can be replicated elsewhere; and
- by creating opportunity for every community to invest further in its culture, stimulating new ventures that could not be tried without Trust help.
The Trust’s two non-competitive grant programs fund the Trust’s five statewide Cultural Partners and 45 County and Tribal Cultural Coalitions.
Have questions? Contact Aili Schreiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.986.0089.
Go To Online Application