Laurel Community was settled in 1872 south of Hillsboro, Oregon. In 1923, Laurel Community Home Club was formed as a non-profit corporation. In their first meetings, they formed a plan to build a community hall. It was dedicated in February 1924. For nearly 100 years, the Laurel Hall has been available for community and farm meetings, and social gatherings such as meals and dances.
Maintaining a 100 year old hall comes with responsibility. The vision of the Laurel Community Home Club is to gather with our community to maintain and update Laurel Hall so that it will continue to be a meeting place for future generations.